- Sales decreased to $761 million compared to $769 million
- Operating loss of $21 million compared to $25 million
- Adjusted operating loss of $19 million compared to $18 million
- U.S. Gypsum wallboard shipments totaled 986 MMSF vs. 1,070 MMSF
- Worldwide Ceilings operating profit of $22 million compared to $23 million
- L&W operating loss of $14 million compared to $22 million
For the first half of 2011, the corporation reported net sales of $1.5 billion and a net loss of $175 million, or $1.70 per share based on 103.3 million average shares outstanding. For the first half of 2010, net sales were $1.5 billion and the net loss was $184 million, or $1.85 per diluted share based on 99.5 million average shares outstanding. The corporation's results for the first six months of 2011 included restructuring and long-lived asset impairment charges of $11 million, and its results for the first six months of 2010 included restructuring and long-lived asset impairment charges of $19 million.